It is essential that each academy maintains its own identity and develops a unique offer to meet the needs of the students and the communities it serves. However the Trust wants to make sure that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts; with the help of our academies we have agreed some hallmarks which support the Trust's vision to provide young people with an outstanding well-rounded education.
The academy hallmarks are:
- a house structure to foster a culture of mutual respect, teamwork and where students will develop a sense of ownership, responsibility and pride in their academy and their community
- an extensive co-curricular offer to broaden opportunity and experience for all students within their academy and across the network and to encourage all students to pursue and excel in an area they are passionate about
- an early and relentless focus on literacy both written and oral so that all students can access a broad curriculum offer
- a uniform code to nurture a sense of identity and responsibility
- a Governing Body and a Principal who exercise their local autonomy effectively in support of the Trust's aims and to achieve the agreed targets
- a commitment from all staff to delivering excellence and a culture of no excuses - so that every child can achieve.