Our mission is to raise the aspirations and achievements of our students by showing them the wealth of opportunities available to them, supporting their ambitions and giving them the foundation stone of an outstanding well-rounded education.
For more information visit www.dret.co.uk.
To realise this vision we are creating 'hubs' of educational excellence in the East Midlands and North of England. The Trust:
- Establishes strong and sustainable local networks of academies
- Develops and delivers bespoke academy improvement for each academy and regional hub
- Ensures best practice is shared across its academies
- Reinforces its impact and legacy in terms of raising standards and transforming young people's life chances
- Supports children moving from primary to secondary, including those with particular learning needs
- Safeguards the stability and independence of its academies in times of rapid change
As part of building clusters of high performing academies, the Trust is bringing into its network innovative schools (primary, secondary and special) to establish early, two way lasting relationships, which bring immediate benefits to children, parents and staff.
This will ensure that support and access to additional resources can be provided far earlier to children in the key areas of literacy, numeracy, attendance and attitudes to sport, music, the arts, and healthy lifestyles - attitudes which are formed well before the secondary phase.
The Trust intends to have an 'outstanding' academy within each phase in keeping with its broader strategy to create a sustainable academy improvement infrastructure building on the Teaching School model, and bring together best practice from across the independent and state sectors.
Together we will:
- Ensure all students reach their academic and personal potential
- Develop all academies to outstanding within five years
- Grow the network as a place where teachers and leaders want to work and students want to learn
- Ensure the academies are academies of student and parental choice
- Regenerate communities through education, working to improve opportunities and raise aspirations for all.